It is currently Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:41 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Ammo & Reloading Discussion

6.5x54R

Products and Reloading Tips

Re: 6.5x54R

Postby esjohansen » Tue May 04, 2021 8:36 am

Grindl wrote:From looking at your reamer print , it appears to be closer to the original Russian (CIP) design , used by them in competition back in the late 50's / early 60's when they were winning everything then. The Russians were one of , if not the first , to bring a 6.5 to International Competition . Might be in your best interest to get in touch with Grimstod , and get more information from him if that's the direction you want to go , or contact Dave at Coyote Creek Armory about the 6.5 X 54r he is working on . Since you already purchased Dies , you'll probably have to go in the direction that will be compatible with your stuff . They can tell you better than I could . Both guys are Forum members here , and can be reached thru a PM , or by Grim's posted info above . Check the Site sponsor list for Dave Fair at Coyote Creek Armory . :thumbup:

When it comes to reamers ; We all have a "favorite" , but I worked with Dave Manson , of Manson Reamer fame . He is considered the "Go to" guy by a majority of "F-class" and Benchrest shooters for his top-notch quality precision reamers for competition rifles . I worked with Dave Fair and Dave Manson to develop a F class reamer for the 7.62 X 54r (.308) to shoot the heavier Berger Competition Bullets , to have correct Free Bore . It works just fine , since I took second in class at the SWN a couple years ago , shooting 199-13x , 197-11x , & 189-9x .

Thanks, brother! I appreciate the help. I will definitely reach out to them and I'll post what I end up finding out for others who may be curious.
Random avatar
esjohansen
Grunt
Grunt

Kudos Given: 1 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Previous

Return to Ammo & Reloading Discussion