It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:31 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Showcase

My Mosins

Show off your Mosin Nagant collection or single rifle here....

My Mosins

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Here are my 2 Mosins, The 1944 Tula Ex Sniper was my first purchased from Big 5. The stock has a tons on markings. The second is a 1931 Izzy that was also purchased form Big 5. I'm still going over her with a fine tooth comb. I have a 3rd Mosin which is their older sister a 1929 Tula that is still waiting her final release from the state..
Marks Mosins2.jpg

SeeYa
M1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: My Mosins

Postby DevilDog » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Nice set of long barrels! Which has the best bore?
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Well DD I'm usually really picky when it comes to bores and buying a Mosin. I bring my high tech bore light and a jewelers loop to inspect the bores very carefully. That being said both are bright and shiny, the fit and finish on the 1931 is much better at the moment, BUT that is changing as I type. I've been doing some refinishing work on 44 bolt. Here is what I started with.
bolts.jpg

The top one is from my 1944 Tula Ex Sniper and the bottom is my 31 Izzy. The top one is starting to finish up like the Izzy now, a bit more to go however.

Seeya
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby DevilDog » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:02 pm

Wow, my bolts look the same in that view. The 1943 M44 has the same scroll marks and the 1929 M91/30 is smooth and better finished.
I had to polish the mating surfaces on the '43 as there were lots of rough spots. Definitely wartime production stress.
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Return to Mosin Showcase