It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Ammo & Reloading Discussion

PPU brass

Products and Reloading Tips

PPU brass

Postby Ombre noire » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:32 am

Hello

Have not been around for a while, was looking for someone good to fix my PU scope, took a long time to find the right person but I think/hope I did.
I reload and was going to buy the same PPU 7.62x54r brass that I always used but it seems that it is MIA from the stores.
Is it still been made in Serbia, or is there some new crappy law out there, stopping this brass to be imported here? Or something else...
Any info?
Carpe Diem
Random avatar
Ombre noire
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 1 time
Kudos  Received: 14 times
Medals: 1
Video Award (1)

Re: PPU brass

Postby Grindl » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:45 am

My go-to source has been Graf & Sons for the last three years for PPU brass , and I've never had any problem . However ; I just checked their site , and they are currently out of stock . Hopefully it is temporary , and they'll have it back in stock soon . Keep in mind that Serbia isn't all that far from the Ukraine , and they do have a conflict with the Russians . And the Ukrainians have no shortage of Mosin's "online" for their troops & militias .
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 193 times
Kudos  Received: 124 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Grindl » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Good news ...sort of . I checked Ammo seeker , gun-bot and several other sites and came up with this .

Called Cabella's and the lady informed me that they will have PPU 7.62x54 brass available for shipment on the 30th of this month . She said the brass has been received into their system , but not available for shipping due to paper-work & processing .
Suzanne said to order it , available on "back-order" , and you would receive priority on shipping . If you have a local Cabella's , I suggest you have it sent there for pick-up . Best I could come up with , Bro . Good luck on it , and let me know if it works out .
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 193 times
Kudos  Received: 124 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Ombre noire » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:28 am

Thanks Grindl :thumbup:
Graf & Sons is where I use to get mine too and it seems like it was just about always available. I still have some Lapua brass available; I will keep on checking for the PPU to show up. Will check Cabella's as well. When I "googled" for the 7.62x54r, nothing but Gunbroker showed up...reminded me of when we couldn't find Varget anywhere else but on Gunbroker...and at crazy prices.
Carpe Diem
Random avatar
Ombre noire
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 1 time
Kudos  Received: 14 times
Medals: 1
Video Award (1)

Return to Ammo & Reloading Discussion