It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:05 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Long Range Shooters Discussion

Started development

Mosin Long Range Shooting Discussion. F Class and other topics such as equipment and more.

Started development

Postby Marauder 1 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:56 pm

OK well I've started development of a long range target camera system. So far the transmitter and receiver sets look to be just what the doctor ordered. Tracy is helping our with a test camera and I'm working on a new antenna system that should be able to do 1500 yards line of site with no problem.

It's going to be a little different than that other system that is on the market. Final configuration is still under development but preliminary data is looking awesome. I might make these available soon for purchase once the tests are complete.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Started development

Postby Shepard » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:45 am

I've had that type idea for a long time. It would work great at my range -- mountain top to mountain top. I've been trying to get a camera hooked to my spotting scope. The problem with this idea is I can't find an affordable scope that is powerful enough to see the bullet strikes. Keep up the good work Mark.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:13 am

Yeah that is part of the issue Shep, but the way this works is the camera is down range and it transmits the images back to you at the shooters position. It's better than a spotters scope it real time and depending on the lens and camera can also transmit the sound of the bullet striking the target.

I do suggest not putting the transmitter in line with the target but slightly to one side so that you don't hit it with a stray shot.

I'm currently developing 2 designs one where it's a use your camera type (as long as it has the ability to do what is needed) or buy the rig complete.

I'm working on the packaging for the transmitter and receiver, Also depending on the distance it will require a high gain antenna at the shooters position. I already have that figured out.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Shepard » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Marauder 1 wrote:Yeah that is part of the issue Shep, but the way this works is the camera is down range and it transmits the images back to you at the shooters position. It's better than a spotters scope it real time and depending on the lens and camera can also transmit the sound of the bullet striking the target.

I do suggest not putting the transmitter in line with the target but slightly to one side so that you don't hit it with a stray shot.

I'm currently developing 2 designs one where it's a use your camera type (as long as it has the ability to do what is needed) or buy the rig complete.

I'm working on the packaging for the transmitter and receiver, Also depending on the distance it will require a high gain antenna at the shooters position. I already have that figured out.

Seeya
Mark

I've looked at several models and the prices vary a lot. One model good only for 1000 yd is $750 and the one thats good for a mile is $550 -- what type screen are you using -- laptop or mini tv?
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Return to Long Range Shooters Discussion