It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:07 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Modders Forum

"Gabriel" the Archangel Build

Modders forum, tips, tricks and more..

Re: "Gabriel" the Archangel Build

Postby Randalloc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:05 pm

farmerboy78 wrote:I love this stock, wanna do another for me? Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks Farmerboy78 for the compliment! Well I would be glad to help ya get a AA stock done on any info not sure about building another.., ;-) what ya got to trade,.... any M28-76 stuff? lol My Finnster project is next but other then maybe thinking about getting a Lyman sight and seeing if I could make that work I think I got most of the stuff to do it.. unless you want to part with that perfect M28-78 stock that you outbid me on.. lol
Randall
You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.” - Albert Einstein
“Creativity is that marvelous capacity to grasp mutually distinct realities and draw a spark from their juxtaposition.” ― Max Ernst
Randalloc
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 26 times
Kudos  Received: 46 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Randalloc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Final mockup... just need to tap that receiver and bed that scope mount.

Starboard side view with the bolt
2014-09-22 18.26.16 small.jpg

Final mockup on the port side
2014-09-22 18.32.28 small.jpg

Front view.. the Stalker brake and "Gabriel" in the evening light
2014-09-22 18.27.15 small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.” - Albert Einstein
“Creativity is that marvelous capacity to grasp mutually distinct realities and draw a spark from their juxtaposition.” ― Max Ernst
Randalloc
Range Master
Range Master

Video Award (1)

Postby farmerboy78 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:09 pm

I don't know if I can cut loose my 28/76 stock, she seems right at home completing my 28/76
Random avatar
farmerboy78
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 1 time
Kudos  Received: 95 times
Custom Builders Guild (1) Nice Build Award (1) NRA Member (1)
Finnish Variant (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Grindl » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:07 am

I have two things to say about "Gabriel", Randalloc .

Beautiful !...I'm jealous ! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 198 times
Kudos  Received: 144 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby 0933 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Very nice work!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Outstanding build, Classy... keep it up!! 8-)
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Kudos Given: 267 times
Kudos  Received: 300 times
Medals: 13
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (3) Zombie Shoot (1)
NRA Member (1) Haller Shoot Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1) Video Award (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby ShootnMathews » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:58 pm

I'm really considering doing a long range shooting rig with this stock and maybe a 260 Rem. If anyone has one of these stocks and some 260 shells can you see if the shells will feed from the mag. Or even 7mm-08 shells would be close enough I think. The adjustability of the stock and the magazine would make the Mosin a perfect hunting gun.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 274 times
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Grindl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:35 am

I kept looking at all the photos last night , and re-reading all the posts , and one of them stuck out in my feeble brain .
Randalloc commented about posible dificulty in removing the "cheek-support" because it was "Velcro'ed" .

Try using a couple of butter knives , sliding them between the pieces , and they should seperate without risking flexing the piece out-ward , and having it split . I've used this technique on other velcro'ed stuff and it works pretty good . :wave:
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 198 times
Kudos  Received: 144 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Randalloc » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am

Grindl,
Thanks for the idea... so far at least the first couple times I could get it to come apart.. the idea came because I had a hesitation to glue or screw it in place over the original cheek piece(which is there underneath) and thought that the velco would hold it well if enough of it was there so its the full length on the top with glue-adhered type and so far so good. It also allows me a more easier way to get the bolt out but one still needs to have the cheek piece low enough per the AA design to pull it all out. Subliminally my mind might have been at work too because the JAE stock has a quick detach cheek piece option(how it works not sure) Funny how the mind works.. all in all its ideal and stays there in good spot and I can shift it a lil forward or back as makes sense. Glad I didn't permanently adhere it.
Randall
Randalloc
Range Master
Range Master

Video Award (1)

Postby Deathsythe311 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:41 pm

I'm a m14 guy and have owned the J Allen enterprise stock and the archangel stocks so I know the look your going for. I really dislike the mosin archangel stock because the front looks so bad. You make it look so much better. Their m14 stock is a much better style stock, or copy of jae, than the mn one. The only thing that even makes me even consider one is that they have mags for the mn. You have turned something ugly into a great looking rifle. Your making me almost want to stop my custom fiberglass stock build for my nm and do something like this.
Random avatar
Deathsythe311
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 3 times
Kudos  Received: 40 times
Medals: 1
Nice Build Award (1)

Postby Randalloc » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks Deathsythe311,
It was a fun build and very satisfying one at that and I was just like you, couldn't stand that forearm. I think you should get another Mosin and get a AA stock and go for it and put your take on it..whats another Mosin? I will be glad to tell you what I did if you got any questions. That paint though is growing more and more on me.. it works so far and is grippy.
Randalloc
Range Master
Range Master

Video Award (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mosin Nagant Modders Forum