It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:10 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Modders Forum

"Gabriel" the Archangel Build

Modders forum, tips, tricks and more..

Re: "Gabriel" the Archangel Build

Postby Russian Reloads » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:21 pm

I keep coming back to look a this build and it really looks great. So you just mixed up JB weld and poured it and let it set? How has it stood up? cracking? Why did you use that instead of any other materials? Did you use bondo or any kind of body filler like that? What did you do the build up on the forend with? It looks like you had to make a fairly thick layer of something up in that are. You got my brain going now with some ideas....
Dont throw out your Berdan primed cartridges they can be reloaded.....go to www.russianreloads.com to see how.
Russian Reloads
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 33 times
Kudos  Received: 24 times
Medals: 2
StraightJacket Owners (1) Nice Build Award (1)

Postby Randalloc » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:57 am

Craig aka "Russian Reloads"
best place to see what I did is to start with my FB ROC page.. that shows some of my builds and this one is in an album called Gabriel Archangel

Link to the actual album ... on the page..
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 813&type=3

Link to the page in general is
https://www.facebook.com/rocster.project
ROC Roster Projects

I used epoxy(JB weld) for most of the fills, a little bondo for smoothing it out in some areas and for the forearm some left over micarta from some of my knife projects. The black grip base was some black polyethylene or something I got from a cheap cutting board off of amazon as it was cheaper to buy that then a sqft from a plastic website.. lol go figure. The inspiration on the ideas was the A5 stock and the JAE stock and some of the other Promag stocks for other platforms.. but the JAE/A5 was where Promag stole those ideas..

Be glad to help if you have any questions.. as I have been saying now for a year or so if Promag would come out with 2-3 other stock styles using the same mag I think they could sell them if the other stocks were based on other successful designs or just look good too. But we now have Shepard's mag Adapter to let us make our stock of choice too that works with the AA mags too!
You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.” - Albert Einstein
“Creativity is that marvelous capacity to grasp mutually distinct realities and draw a spark from their juxtaposition.” ― Max Ernst
Randalloc
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 26 times
Kudos  Received: 46 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Fung_13 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:49 am

Randalloc wrote:Mockup and timing set for "Stalker" brake that I got to name.. lol.. he liked my name and gave me a brake.. before he has done any milling or drilling ports.
2014-08-29 20.42.56.jpg

Mockup for Tru Shot mount and new bolt
2014-08-31 15.22.17.jpg

Did the bolt with Terry Thornsberry marry a Surgeon knob to threaded handle so I can swap it out for new knob in the future if I want too
2014-08-31 15.28.09.jpg

Nothing like a plan coming together with a real craftsman at work
Surgeon Bolt by Terry.jpg

Bolt works well with the Tru Shot mount and no in letting needed!
2014-09-08 19.44.02.jpg
where can one get that Stalker brake?
Do all you do to the best of your ability for you never know who's watching.

Aim small, miss small
Fung_13
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 38 times
Kudos  Received: 27 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Postby Randalloc » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:50 pm

The guys name is https://www.facebook.com/scott.schriver.528?fref=nf thats his FB page and he owns a company that makes them.. make sure you tell him I sent ya..I helped name it lol... Randall Carey aka Mad Hatter Modder.

SAS Tactical Muzzle Brakes is his biz and here is his FB link https://www.facebook.com/SASTacticalBrakes?fref=ts
You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.” - Albert Einstein
“Creativity is that marvelous capacity to grasp mutually distinct realities and draw a spark from their juxtaposition.” ― Max Ernst
Randalloc
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 26 times
Kudos  Received: 46 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Wildbillcody » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:53 am

Very nice job, you made that AA stock shine, the forearm always looked like a after thought to me.
Random avatar
Wildbillcody
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 6 times

Previous

Return to Mosin Nagant Modders Forum