It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:21 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Modders Forum

New Project Rifle Started

Modders forum, tips, tricks and more..

New Project Rifle Started

Postby Marauder 1 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:51 pm

California Skunkworks Division Project Revealed

Well the California Division of the Skunkworks shops also known as Viper has been working on 2 projects rifles at the same time.

While most of you know some details about the secret MosZilla MKII project rifle,There has been a parallel project in the works the ultra top secret project rifle does not currently have a name.
tiger_stripe.jpg

My buddy Morgan Stapp at Bluegrass Stock Company has built a beautiful piece of furniture for the project rifle to be mounted in. The rifle will have a 22 inch Teludyne Tech StraightJack Barrel System that has been acquired from Skunkworks North from the now re purposed Mosinista project rifle.

The rifle is nearing the first phase of it's completion stage. It's still needs final fitting and testing. That is currently on hold until I can procure a Timney Trigger for the new
project and some minor hardware.
Seeya
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

California Skunkworks Division Project Revealed

Postby iridium-192 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Very elegant ! Beautiful furniture!
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes

Black Mamba http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4931
Ultimate Mosin 2 http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4948
Earlier projects http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4949
iridium-192

Kudos Given: 326 times
Kudos  Received: 249 times
Medals: 6
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (2) NRA Member (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Re: New Project Rifle Started

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:27 am

Was doing some mock up with the rifle last night and it looks totally amazing. The balance on the stock with the 22 inch StraghtJacket barreled action is almost perfect. I'm waiting on some minor parts and a trigger. I've bought a trigger seer screw and I think I'm going to make a trigger pin for it. man I wish Ken at RSI would come out with a hex screw replacement kit for this rifle.

I've got to install the pillars and bed the action as well as get the La Rue Scope mounted and decide what glass goes on it. Looks like a busy fall for me. Got to get ammo to feed these hungry critters too.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Pillar install tonight, thinking of trying some 2200 psi metal epoxy. Anyone used this stuff before?
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby DevilDog » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Nice Maple! Did they do the finish, or you? Oh, I have an extra bolt now that the M28-76 is online, did you get one?
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Thanks DevilDog, the photos just don't do it justice. It looks almost 3D in person. That Maple has a ton of chatoyancy. No Morgan Stapp did the finish on it, the finish is a 2 part finish that is hard as nails. I did work with him on it.

As far as the bolt goes I've been slowly trying to piece together one. Not quite there yet. I'm still missing some parts. I'm also still working a couple spots where the barrel is just a tad to tight. and when I say tad I mean maybe a 1000th or so.

I was going nuts the other night trying to level the action in the stock until I figured out my vise was messed up. Well that's what I get for working on it at 2am

Seeya
Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Bluegrass_Stocks » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:18 pm

Chatoyancy? Well it will be a gem when you get her done. Maybe that's the name you should have me laser on her. I may have to get you to do some comparison testing on soft maple stocks to hard maple. I will be able to get more figure in the soft. It's difficult to come by in the hard. I would think the soft is about the same as walnut so it should be great.
later
morgan stapp
Bluegrass_Stocks
Grunt
Grunt

Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby Marauder 1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:37 pm

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

OK I thought I'd tease you guys a little and show you the 3rd project rifle. Bluegrass Gunstocks Custom stock. Teludyne Tech Barrel and Hawke Optics with a La Rue Tactical mount.
DSC_0522resizecrop.JPG

Looks so Prudy.. Photos don't do it justice.
DSC_0524resize.JPG

and the scope is PHENOMENAL!
The stock has been pillared with RSI pillars, it still needs to be bedded and I'm waiting on a Timney Trigger for it. I'm still thinking on how I want to do the bolt. but all that is in the works.
Seeya
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby kermit » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 am

WOW!! JUST WOW!!!
kermit
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 70 times
Kudos  Received: 10 times

Postby Bluegrass_Stocks » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:45 am

Chatoyancy referring to a tiger or cat eye. Tiger maple and the smooth line s of a feline. I think that leaves only one thing you can name her. "Kitty"
Keep rock'n, can't wait to get the new add-on ready.
morgan stapp
Bluegrass_Stocks
Grunt
Grunt

Kudos  Received: 0 time

Next

Return to Mosin Nagant Modders Forum