It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:47 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Of The Month

Mosin of the Month for August

We'll be featuring a different users Mosin Nagant every month, if you have a rifle you'd like to submit for consideration send us an email.

Mosin of the Month for August

Postby Marauder 1 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:06 am

Congratulations to Alan aka arm1941
His Rifle nicknamed "Valkyrie"
064.JPG

057.JPG

Your rifle has been selected as out Mosin of the Month for August!

Here is what Alan said about his rifle "OK here it is. It is a 1938 Tula which was nearly perfect. It was spot on with iron sights at 300yrds! and is one of 4 that I own. The bore was pristine and that's why I chose it for Teludyne Tech to convert it. They went way above and beyond for me since I wanted iron sights on the straightjacket, not normal for them. I wanted this for 2 reasons, one to keep the spirit of the rifle and I also wanted to be able to use the sights. They even went further for me and made the iron sights usable while the scope is still mounted. after becoming accustomed to all my comm-block rifles with this feature, I never want a rifle without it! TTI customized a sight thru the scope rail! and it works great!! My 1938 Tula sniper spoiled me, along with my rpk and my psl. everyone there is great! Alan and Mark gave me more personal attention then i ever expected.
The stock is cut from a block of maple. I went to the sawmill and picked it myself, The reason I chose it was because of what appeared to be a wing pattern in the grain. it was up against a knot so I was concerned that they might a probelm from it. I handed it over to Teludyne to work there magic on. Alan did a great job! All custom hand made with a great eye for detail! Alan also did a treatment to the wood (i don't recall the term) and really made it dynamic to say the least! I am going to call it the "Valkyrie". I thought it was a fitting name and I also have a horse with that name. I will also have it burned inot the wood at some point. The optics are a Nikon 4.5-14 x 40SF."
it's an honor for you to put this up for Mosin of the Month but the honor goes to Teludyne!

Congratulations arm1941 for being selected as this months Mosin of the Month.
Mark

p.s. I'm still working on the video I'm having some software issues I have to correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Mosin of the Month for August

Postby Chenko » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:33 am

is this the teludyne bolt/receiver mod?
Chenko
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby Chenko » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:35 am

this is really pretty btw.
how is the cheek weld and scope height feel? will you have to raise the cheek or put a pad on it?
Chenko
Range Master
Range Master

Postby Marauder 1 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:39 pm

Chenko wrote:is this the teludyne bolt/receiver mod?

Yep that is the Teludyne Tech Mod, told you it was nice.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby arm1941 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:09 pm

it fits my cheek just fine! some like them but I never had much use for them. the rifle is perfect as far as I'm concerned. the fact I can use my iron sights with the scope still mounted makes me very happy! The congrats go to Mark, Alan and the crew at Teludyne! I'm just the lucky s/o/b/ that gets to own it!!!!
Thanks guys!
Random avatar
arm1941
Gunner
Gunner

Postby LJ126 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:54 am

Beautiful rifle! I definitely dig it.
LJ126
Marksman
Marksman

Postby Even11 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:16 pm

That is a Beauty of a rifle! I am looking forward to the video!

-Dane
Every snowflake is unique. There are uncountable grains of sand on the beach. Mosin-Nagants are like sandy snowflakes. You’ll never get all the ones you want.
Even11
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 74 times
Kudos  Received: 27 times
Medals: 3
NRA Member (1) NRA Instructor (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Return to Mosin Of The Month