It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:05 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Hunters

M/N 44 the original Handi-Rifle

Use your Mosin Nagant for hunting, tell us your stories...

M/N 44 the original Handi-Rifle

Postby ELMOUSMC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:19 pm

I use a modified model 44(Polish)as my truck gun I mounted a Simmons 2x22 ler on it during calfing season this spring 1 of my neighbors was having some worries.It seems that he had found prints of either coyote's or dogs around his field where his stock cows were having their young.He gave me a call and asked if I could come down and spend a little time watching the girls and their young.Not having anything pressing I went down and took a spot over looking the field,it was 1 of those days that that just calls out for a nap in the tall grass.I have no ides how long I played Rip Van Winkle but the bellowing of the cows woke me.I grabbed my binoc,s and scanned the field and spotted 2 large dogs 1 a German sheppard cross and the other a Doberman chasing the calfs trying to separate the cows from them.they would take turns chasing 1 would rest while the other ran.I got a good place to lay, set my bipod and waited it didn,t take long for shift change the Doberman layed down and from 178 yds the fmj entered his neck and he was DRT. The other 1 took off like he had JATO but stopped after a run of about 200yds he looked back which gave me time to get him lined up and holding over about an inch above his back I touched off my next round,I should have held dead on because the round hit high and took out his spinal cord which left him howling but not able to move 1 more round ended his thrashing the last 2 shots were at 380 yds(laser range finder)ELMO
MMgunnery USMC 1965-1992
Sleep well tonight citzen for rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf-George Orwell
Random avatar
ELMOUSMC
Gunner
Gunner

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Return to Mosin Nagant Hunters